All five of the older kids got the flu within days of Alex's birth. They didn't come home until he was a week old, and then were kept away from hum until they were better. They are finally well enough to be allowed around him. Here's some shots of them cuddling with him.
Josiah loving on Alex ... then being his crazy self.
This week is People's Choice Week at i heart faces ... which means we get to be the judge! We are supposed to submit our best face photo from the month. This is my favorite of Alex. When I saw him sleeping with his hand resting under his chin, I just had to get a picture of it. He's a thinker ... even as he sleeps!
This week's theme is Innocent Wonder at i heart faces. With the arrival of little Alex this week, only one model would do! What is more innocent than a brand new baby? And, I can't help but spend my days staring at him in wonder. I wonder . . . how can he be so beautiful and perfect? How could he have possibly been inside me just a few short days ago? Who will he be? How will he impact his world? How can anyone not see God's miraculous hand in each and every new life?
The kids were ecstatic to meet their new baby brother.
You can't really tell from this picture, but Sarah LOVES her new baby brother. Maybe a little too much. She kept getting angry at the other kids when they would touch him ... I think she thinks he's hers and hers alone. I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk!!
This week's theme at i heart faces is Winter Wonderland. We've certainly had a winter wonderland this year, but I haven't gotten out to get many pictures. I've had trouble staying upright on the snow and ice, so I've opted to stay inside for the most part until this baby arrives! I did step out on the porch this last week, though, and got a picture of Caleb shoveling the yard. Yep. The yard. He was making paths for the kids to play in. What a silly boy!
It is the 2 year anniversary for i heart faces, and their theme this week was 'smile'. Caleb made me some smiling lips and I took shots of the four older kids with them. Then, Jada ran up to me after we were done, holding all the lips to her face. It ended up being the best shot of the group. Silly smiles for my silly girl!!
I am joining the 52 Books in 52 weeks challenge. The goal is to read a book a week in 2011. I figured even if I fail, I'll read more books than if I didn't try. Reading more books is always a positive! I probably won't review every book I read, but I plan on reviewing the ones that touch me personally (either good or bad). I am going to create a page at the top of my blog that will keep track of the books I read. If you love to read, why don't you give it a shot??
Normally, I am making New Years resolutions this time of year. I'm not going there this year. Instead, I am plugging along at my 101 in 1001. I am participating in a 52 books in 52 weeks challenge, but that will fit in with one of the items on my list. Here are the items I completed off my list during the year of 2010.
8. Participate in NaNoWriMo - Completed 11/27/10 - I wrote a 50,000 novel in one month!!! Now, this isn't something that will be published without a lot of work and editing, but it was an accomplishment nonetheless.
26. Make 2 shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse's Operation Christmas Child (one boy, one girl) - Completed 11/8/10
52. Ride on a big ferris wheel - Completed 5/20/10 at Cedar Point
53. Tell scary stories around our own backyard fire pit - Completed 6/24/10
55. Learn to make bread (without a bread machine) - Completed 9/29/10
57. Dress nice/wear makeup every day for a week - Completed 4/25/10
67. Switch to all natural beauty products - Completed October 2010 - Switched for about a month. Was not happy with the results, so I've switched back to at least some chemical laden supplies. I figure it may kill me, but at least my hair won't be greasy and I won't smell, LOL.
69. Complete one furniture makeover. Completed 9/10/10
70. Spend a rainy Saturday afternoon having a classic movie marathon - watching ones I've never seen. - Completed 9/11/2010
I didn't get as far as I had hoped, but I still have two years to complete my list. The pregnancy threw me off a bit.
I have several that I am in the process of finishing. I am 3 books away from finishing #59 - Pre-reading the boys' readers. I should finish that within the next week. I am on day 110 of my project 365. I'm also still working my way through the Bible. We hiked 3 out of the 10 state parks this last year, and visited one of my three gardens. We found 2 of the 10 letterboxes. I also bought all the supplies to make soap and am waiting until after the baby is born to try that. I have 25 items on my list of 100 things I love. I've learned how to make my own pie crust, and have made several pies. I haven't put the delicious stamp on one yet, though, but I'm close on that one, too. I also bought a sewing machine ... now I just need to learn how to use it!