Every day we do a Bible story and song. These stay the same all week. By Friday, my goal is that they can tell me the Bible story (and Sarah was able to this week). Sarah is also working on writing letters at some point during the week. This week she used a dry erase marker and marker board.
Bible Story: Adam and Eve
Song: Ants go Marching
Day 1 - Read Berenstains' A Book
- Read "A" section of My First Picture Dictionary (Pictureback(R))
- Fingerprint Ants
- Ant activity pages from Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Applesauce snack
Day 2 - Read Amelia Bedelia and the Baby (Amelia Bedelia (PB))
- Make Apple A's (found on Totally Tots)
- "A" page in Cuisenaire Alphabet Book (Grades K-4)
Day 3 - "A" pancakes for breakfast
- Read Apples by Gail Gibbons
- Read "A" pages in Museum ABC
- Apple Activities from Confessions of a Homeschooler
Day 4 - Today was Dad's day off, so we spent the day with him. We did make Alligator A's (found on Totally Tots) in the evening.
Dad 5 - Read How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World (Dragonfly Books)
- Make mini paper plate apples (found here. We used crayons instead of paint - and they did them independently. Ours didn't look quite so nice, LOL.)
- Make an apple pie, using the recipe in the back of the book
And, yes, Sarah does wear clothes for multiple days in a row. Less laundry, right?
This post contains Amazon Affiliates links.